Re: Advice on papers for pt/pd printing

From: Stephen Moody ^lt;labs@theworkshops.com>
Date: 11/18/03-08:05:29 AM Z

on 17/11/03 10:03 PM, Sandy King at sanking@clemson.edu wrote:

I plan to run some tests with pt/pd and have on hand a number of papers.
These include Platiniotype Nautual, Crane Kid Finish, and Crane Wove Finish,
and Cot 320. Which one of these would give the best all around results with
pure platinum, 50/50 Pt/Pd, and 100% palladium? Good results as defined by
good Dmax and clears well!!

Sandy King

Sandy-

Of the papers you have listed as in your purchase, I've found the Cot 320 to
have a fine support for pt/pd and palladium. While the Platinotype is very
versatile, it can be a little on the rough side and may get volatile with
pure platinum. Another option for that would be the Arches Bright White.

Have you tried the Lenox via Daniel Smith Art Supplies? It is wonderful for
these variations. Long tonal scale and a great sheen. It is a preference for
me when doing 50/50.

Hope this helps. Happy printing!

stephen moody