Re: Advice on papers for pt/pd printing

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 11/18/03-01:00:36 PM Z

Thanks for your comments.

I settled on the Platinotype Natural for the tests because it gave
very good Dmax and cleared nicely with all mixes. However, in looking
at the prints I notice that there are some areas of slight uneven
density in the pure platinum tests, but all of the mixtures that
contained palladium, even a small amount, are perfectly smooth. But
the platinum test seemed as evenly coated as the others. Is it just
that difficult to get a good even coating with pure platinum, or is
it the paper. *Discarding the possibility that the problem might be
in my coating technique of course.*

Sandy King