When to tone

From: bobkiss@caribsurf.com
Date: 11/18/03-05:38:30 AM Z

DEAR RICHARD, RYUJI, AND JUDY,
     Thanks for your responses. I guess I can deduce that I was right
in my assumption that it is best to give a complete wash even if one
indends to tone later.
on this topic, he was the professor of the graduate Theory of the
Photographic Process course when I was in the masters photo science
program at RIT. I believe I had 24 weeks of his lectures two mornings
per week. Hard to take at 8 am but brilliant. He covered all of the
topics in his book of the same name and much more, so gelatin chemistry
and its interaction with silver halides and silver particles was a
required topic. It was great to have known him...even just as one of
his students.
         CHEERS!
            BOB