Re: help with Imacon scanner needed please

From: Catherine Rogers (crogers@mpx.com.au)
Date: 10/05/03-10:07:59 AM Z

Hello Mark Nelson,

I have been trying to contact you off list to answer your questions about my system setup, but my email to you keeps bouncing.

Briefly, I am running a PC with an AMD 1.7GHZ processor; Windows 2000; 512 (or 768) RAM; an Adaptec SCSI card 2930U (specially installed by the dealers as the one to use); Flexcolour 3.6.1 software, and the scanner is nearly 12 months old. Nothing else is attached to the computer when I attempt to scan and there is only a word processor and Adobe products on the computer.

I wonder if a Mac would run this stuff better - or maybe it is simply too temperamental.

thanks for your interest
Catherine

Ender100 wrote:
  Catherine,

  I've had two Imacon scanners, first a Flextight III and this year I sold that and bought an 848. They are wonderful scanners, but they can sometimes be temperamental or worse, you get a lemon.

  Did you buy the scanner new recently? What platform are you running it on? Is it SCSI connection or firewire? Which version of the software are you running?

  One problem is that sometimes the scanner may not run well on your system for some reason, but will run fine on the dealer's or Imacon's.

  snip, snip..

  Contact me off list if you wish.

  Mark Nelson