Re: Fresson Process

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 10/04/03-09:47:19 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Wainer" <smwbmp@starpower.net>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 8:10 PM
Subject: Fresson Process

> Hello everybody,
>
> I remember, a while back, that there was a discussion on
the list about the Fresson Process but forget the outcome of
it. Anyway, I just came across a book called "Handbook of
Photograph" edited by Henney and Dudley which has a four
page description of the process. Unfortunately the title
pages (containing ISBN, publisher, and print date) were
ripped out, but the bibliography shows the work to be drawn
from an article by Paul L. Anderson titled "The Fresson
Process" in Am. Phot., October 1935.

> If anyone is interested, I can copy it via OCR and e-mail
it to you.

> Regards,
>
> Scott Wainer
> smwbmp@starpower.net

   _Handbook of Photography_ Keith Henney and Beverley
Dudley, 1939, New York and London, Whittelsey House division
of The McGraw-Hill Book Co.

   I have no idea how accurate the description of the
Fresson process is.
  This book has a lot of valuable material. For instance,
the lists of lenses by Rudolf Kingslake.
  Keith Henney and Beverley were editors at McGraw-Hill of a
series of technical magazines published by the company such
as _Electronics_. At about the time this book was published
McGraw-Hill began to publish a technical photography
magazine called _Photographic Techniques_ (by memory). This
magazine lasted only about two years eventually being
absorbed by _American Photography_, the result being
inferior to either.
  Hang on to your copy, they are getting rather rare these
days.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA