Re: neo-Pictorialism

From: Lisa Reddig (lisa@julianrichards.com)
Date: 10/06/03-09:07:59 AM Z

I think I read all the neo-pict emails from yesterday. But forgive me if I
repeat something.

If anyone here reads the pinhole discussion group (which I belive many do),
you will know there are pinholer's who are obsessed with the technicalities
of the process. Making the exact pinhole size for the focal distance, using
the craziest most insane formulas. They treat pinholeing like some people
treat their Hasselblads. Those folks are not in it for it's low-techness or
it's pictorial qualities. They seem to be trying to get the sharpest image
possible out of a naturally blurry process, especially when every image is
scanned in and sharpened on photoshop.

And I must second Dave's response below, people have been manipulating
photographs and negatives since they were first invented. And photography
has never been objectively truthful. We were all taught this in college.

Lisa