RE: Cyanotype Negative Help

From: Rocky J. Boudreaux (rocky@pdq.net)
Date: 10/10/03-07:46:48 PM Z

Cyanotype Negative HelpWell I don't know about sharing my secrets here
someone may write a book.
Ahhh what the heck.
Make the print a couple of stops too dark so you can bleach it back.
1 capful of Amm.,about 1 or 2 ml. to 500ml water.
Stronger works faster, weaker works slower but weaker is easier to control
the color change.
The longer the soak the more the change to a gray green (or so it looks to
me).
Do it by sight about 1 to 4 minutes or so.
Like they say "try it you'll like it".
Most of my trials are done on a piece of a reject print anyway.
Also try some Borax (tablespoonful to 500ml water).
I love the blue black tones I got on some of the prints.
Not new stuff, check Keeper's Of The Light, Cyanotype section.
Hope this helps.
I need to do some more work on this as well.
I'm going to try Coke and 7Up next because I don't drink them.
Put a galvanized nail in Coke and see what happens., wow!

Rocky,
Houston, TX