Re: Integrator on NuArc 26-1K

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 10/11/03-07:43:57 AM Z

On Saturday, October 11, 2003, at 08:16 AM, Sam Wang wrote:

> OK Sandy, my check for $0.25 is in the mail. Mark say's he'll send his
> $0.25 share separately.
>
> Do you mean that thing with a round plexy cover above the lamp sitting
> to the side is the integrator? Have you also figured how to set the
> row of preset exposures on the front of the unit? Those white
> rectangles toward the bottom of the indigo metal cover?

Ha! I have in my possession an actual MANUAL for the thing that came
packed with my unit.

Item #5 states:

5. "The light exposure information boxes along the top of the control
panel (E1, E2, etc) can be used for recording the units of light for a
particular material. A felt-tip water soluble marking pen can be sued
to write down the exposure information so that it's always at the
operator's fingertips"

Pretty high tech, huh? I KNEW penmanship would come in handy someday.

As an aside, did any of you follow the discussion on the other alt-list
about the ability of the Nuarc to generate nasty moire patterns in
multi-layer gums when using linescreen imagesetter negs ? Stan Klimek
and I both have seen this, and we both use plateburners. Three others
on the list who use fluorescent light boxes use the same type of
negative with nary a problem. If ever there were evidence that the
collimated light of a plateburner is a little 'sharper' than the
diffuse light of a light box, I think this would be it. FWIW, the
stochastic screened imagesetter negs do not create this problem when
used in a plateburner for multicoat gum.

Clay

PS, how's about a nice yummy gum instead of $0.25?