Re: Neo-Pictorialism, sally mann

From: Kate Mahoney (kateb@paradise.net.nz)
Date: 10/12/03-03:22:50 PM Z

Well, Daryll, all I can say is if that is the case, it's up to us photographers to exert control where we can, in the images we make, to the best of our abilities and the current climate......yes I know about all the Lewis Carroll controversy....don't forget that at this time child nudity WAS a no-no, and child prostitutes roamed the streets at the same time - odd double standards! Le plus ca change........and ol' Charles Dodgson didn't exactly exhibit those images, did he?????

Want the last word :)

Kate