RE: Galina's website

From: Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Date: 10/21/03-02:06:42 AM Z

Whoa. I don't get it - are you so thin skinned? What's the problem -
should we all be kissy face and "nice nice" here at the expense of
legitimate criticism? I tried to look at the site (promoted here on
the list) using a very common operating system, MS-Windows98se, with 3
commonly used browsers on a high speed connection and the site didn't
work on this it - and - it would appear that I'm not alone. Simple as
that.

I then went on, I thought clearly, to outline my thoughts on 3rd party
software from commercial vendors used to create websites. I noted that
Galina's website did not work well with my setup and then in a general way
voiced my criticism of web design issues - in general - without
criticizing the design of Galina's site (I saw enough of it to say that I
thought it was an interesting concept). FWIW it's not clear how much of
the design is hers since she credits an outside organization for the
design of the site, perhaps she'll let us know.

Put on your armor and join the real world folks.

-greg schmitz <gws1@columbia.edu>