Re: Galina and some seperate questions about printing!!

From: Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.co.uk)
Date: 10/21/03-05:10:17 AM Z

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am a newbee to this list and very supprised by this whole negative
> attitude about Galina's website. Frankly, life is too short to get up
> set over things like this. The web is a form of communication, like
> photography is. People have for years pushed the boundries in the
> photographic world, and we are all the better for it. People thought
> that the combining of negatives was immoral, but Peach Robinson and
> others were not dismayed. The internet and web presentation must
> naturally progress. We must remember that the web has it's own syntax,
> it is interactive and allows movie, pictures and animation to unite. I
> feel Galina's site provides an experience that surrounds and adds to
> the viewing of her images. I do not like the 'look' of every photograph
> I see in the world, but it does not mean I don't respect the ideas
> behind them. The same goes for websites. Would the world not be a
> boring place if we liked everything equally.

Matt,

I think Galina has a great site, and it is a real shame it doesn't work
for everyone. The responses here suggest that there are quite a few people
having problems accessing it - rather more than I would consider
acceptable; either we have a very biased sample of web users or there are
some real problems with the design. Possibly armed with this information
Galina can go back to her web designers and get them to improve its
accessibility.

I don't think people are criticising Galina's images or ideas, and it is
unhelpful to suggest this as in your comment.

Regards,

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com