RE: Galina and some seperate questions about printing!!

From: Breukel, C. (HKG) (C.Breukel@lumc.nl)
Date: 10/21/03-06:02:49 AM Z

Matt:

I have used double coating, since a single coating gives too weak an image
(do not forget to harden the first coat!). I used bath sensitising, which
worked quite ok (although you need to have more volume of silvernitrate, and
the silver bath gets depleted of silver. you can titrate to calculate the
conc. but I guess that is a big nuiscance for most people ;-)..)

I made my albumine prints from BSA powder (cow albumine), and also from
fresh chicken albumen, but I could not detect a real difference. The
yellowing of the highlights is inherent of the proces.

See also the book of James Reilly at
:http://albumen.stanford.edu/library/monographs/reilly/

IMHO the defenitve book on albumen..

Best,