GALLINA's WEBSITE-alt. Photo list

From: Charlotte 1 (cgabrie1@optonline.net)
Date: 10/21/03-12:31:26 PM Z

    As usual, I have been very busy and pretty much just deleted the list
mail after checking the subject lines... But after seeing so many subject
lines discuss "Gallina's website" I though I'd better spend the time to
see it.... Gallina - whoever you are, thank you. Browsing through your
website brought tears to my eyes. Such sadness (both in images and music)
brought me straight to the place in my mind where I go when I create.

    I get the impression that there has been much back and forth discussion
regarding Gallina's website. I hope I am wrong as it must have been
difficult for her to put her website out for the list to see. At times this
list of people can be critical but than it is difficult for precision-driven
photographers to coexist with less than precision artists. I have been part
of this list for many years (before Gordon was list master) first as user
ChBGr and then as the present username cgabrie1. Aside from being a slow
reader of e-mails (so that most issues were discussed before I got around to
it), I have also hesitated to write to the list much because of the
firestorms of criticism it can stir up. Instead I'd endure the catcalls of
"lurker" (although that particular criticism seems to have stopped several
years ago).

      I'd like to end this with thanks to all who participate regularly on
the list, particularly those who have shared much expertise with us. Now
that my children are grown up and my art career is somewhat stable I will
work harder to hold my end up as well. A special thanks again to Gallina's
website because it did seem to be a perfect amalgam of internet/digital
thinking and art - each "room" or "page" devoted to an idea or thought,
with lovely images and music to tie it all together. Charlotte Gabriele