Re: new topic - framing of alternative prints

From: Jan Kapoor (jkapoor@jankapoor.net)
Date: 10/22/03-01:24:58 PM Z

Hi Ian--

I generally like to use a darker wood frame, like walnut; I use a
natural white mat. This combination seems to me to complement
platinum/palladium prints.

I am currently in a show here in Atlanta where the gallery required
black wood frames. I can't wait to get those images home and out of
those ugly frames! Unless they sell before then :-)

I have also done quite a bit of presentation without frames; my solo
show last year had no framed work at all-- I made hanging scrolls and
used other types of book-arts related techniques (photos of the
installation are on my website: www.jankapoor.net.

Jan Kapoor

Fine art photography by Jan Kapoor at www.jankapoor.net
Pinhole, large format, alternative printing processes and digital imagery