Re: the politics of brushing - a semi survey

From: jamesromeo (jamesromeo@mac.com)
Date: 10/24/03-12:41:17 PM Z

  I mask out when I matte my prints as I to find them a distraction in a
gallery show. I found that some who buy my work like the brush marks not
showing in the matt but there to show the hand coating.
  When I make vandyke prints I mask the neg so ther are no brushing marks. I
gold tone and it is a waste of costly toner.
James