Peeling emulsions

From: Jack Fulton (jefulton1@comcast.net)
Date: 10/24/03-02:03:55 PM Z

Richard is right on the mark . . . fiber base papers have the emulsion more
integrated to the base. The RC papers have the emulsion upon the Resin
(plastic) coating. The idea is to first soak the RC image in very hot water
for about three minutes. W/your finger, rub one corner until you begin to
lift the emulsion. One needs to be careful to make sure you are getting the
plastic only. If you grab too much you'll be picking up a lot of the paper
and will need to 'scrape' it off which is rather pesky.

Once you can see you have the plastic, it will then peel off and to hold it
under the hot water makes this peeling away much easier than removing the
print from the water.

Jack Fulton