Re: A Deep Dilemma

From: Kris Erickson (kerickso@ryerson.ca)
Date: 09/03/03-07:05:35 AM Z

It probably depends on the types of images you're hoping to make;
setting a pinhole camera on a seabed or coral reef might yield an
incredible series of images....
As for digital, it's not really my area of expertise, but I think you
can render a relatively low res scan (150 dpi) out to a finely grained
8x10 (maybe larger) via stochastic printing on your printer (even on the
C80, in my experience). Somebody out there can make a more accurate
statement, I'm sure.
As for a camera: why not a film scanner? Nikon makes several high end
(i.e. 35mm or 35mm and 120) format scanners; in my estimation, they
would run about the same as a REALLY good pro digital camera (or less
expensive), and you would have a celluloid original...
Not sure if I helped or hindered the cause, but
All the best,
Kris