Re: Microtek ScanMaker 9800XL. . . ?

Argon3@aol.com
Date: 09/04/03-10:42:29 AM Z

I have heard of people placing a small lightbox on top of the scanner and
using that as the light source for a larger transparency scan...I don't know how
that would work with the software/interface though. I have a microtek 5900
with the 4X5 transparenty cover...up from an astra that had the tranny cover as
an option (trouble was...try to buy the seperate tranny cover...lotsaluck).
The software has a pull down menu for reflective or transmission scans and I
don't know if the software checks to see if the manufacturer's cover is
present (by virtue of the little connector cable) or not. Obviously color
correctness would be a factor as light boxes have flourescents in them. Best of
luck.

argon