Re: Microtek ScanMaker 9800XL. . . ?

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@mindspring.com)
Date: 09/04/03-11:39:07 AM Z

Ed,

> I have an old Microtek Scanmaker 4, which has served me well since 1999. It
doesn't have the resolution of the modern scanners, but has an interesting
below-the-flatbed glassless negative scanning system that handles 135, 120,
& 4x5. But I have to use the glass to scan an 8x10. They do seem to make
reliable machines.

The Microtek 1800F has been highly rated by George DeWolfe, however the cost is about $1400. No one seems to ever mention the Epson 1680 Perfection with TPU which sells for about $700 to $800. I wonder if anyone can comment on this scanner for use scanning negs up to 8x10?

Don Bryant