Re: Epson 836XL Re: Microtek ScanMaker 9800XL. . . ?

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 09/04/03-01:50:11 PM Z

Sandy,

I had the same experience with my Imacon—the newer software worked at a
higher bit level. It may be that sometimes the software is say 12 bit but the
machine is capable of higher bit depth—then improving the software gives you the
full capability of the machine. You might have to contact the manufacturer
to find out for sure. Though Photoshop treats all files above 8 bit as 16
bit, that doesn't mean they actually have that depth of information in them if ,
for example they come in as 10, 12 or 14 bit files.

Mark Nelson