Re: non linear ink and Photoshop curves

From: Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Date: 09/09/03-03:43:45 AM Z

I replied with this yesterday and just realized that it didn't go to the list............

Peter and all, Thanks for the reply. I have done some research and learned
more than one would want to know about printers and my head is spinning with
all the variables. It boiled down to the paper selection. What I also
found out is that the ink denisities put out by each of the Epson printers
are not consistent from model one to the next where it regards how much ink
is applied to a given paper. In fact, I found in one case that the most ink
is applied to the Backlight Film and on another printer, that film is listed
as the least amount of ink applied - go figure.

What this means is Test, Test, Test - everybody's situation is different.
Does this sound like an old analog darkroom instruction????

Thanks again,