Re: flying....

Gumprint@aol.com
Date: 09/09/03-02:17:37 PM Z

Greetings

I've flown out of Dulles, BWI and Washington National since 9/11. Nothing is
hand inspected. Film bags are opened. Checked bags are put through a CT scan
so the best advice is to FedEx yourself film or buy it at your destination.B&H
will FedEx large format overnight if you are going to a place that will not
have it.

I had 100 sheets of 5X7 destroyed by an inspector who insisted on (not joking
here) opening the factory sealed box. At least I saw this and didn't use the
film (silver lining . . . no pun intended) and was reimbursed.

If you cannot process it or have it processed, send it FedEx back. USPS does
Xray packages around the DC area, likely large cities, too.

I have not been out of CONUS but I'd give the same advice.

Carole