Re: "Gum Joy", monoprints, and sizes

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 09/12/03-01:35:29 PM Z

EWRPhoto@aol.com wrote:

> And what I must add is that gum is great for people who like to
> experiment and break rules!

Amen sister!

I'm sure I've said it here before, (if it's time to go when you start
repeating yourself, I should have left here a long time ago) but the
thing I love most about gum is that it absolutely resists ideology.
Every serious gum printer I know has invented and re-invented gum to
suit his/her own purposes, equipment, artistic vision; Gum always
rises to whatever challenge is put to it, at least I find that to be
so. One thing I enjoy about the list is seeing or hearing all the
different ways people find to use gum.

Go well,
Katharine