Re: Indanthrene is not "real Indigo"

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 09/19/03-04:58:11 PM Z

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Katharine Thayer wrote:
>> If "indigo" has extreme
> > covering power, as Judy claims, it's probably because of the lamp black
> > in almost all of them, because the blues used across brands are quite
> > different in covering power.

I only declare the "Indigo's" I used to be good in covering power... they
were Daniel Smith, Rowney & Winsor Newton. All have enough thalo for blue
to predominate... and thalo is one of the strongest colors. No doubt even
stronger with black -- though IMO it needs some red as well for nice.

But soon I'm going to talk about GREEN -- down memory lane.

J.