Re: About Witkin

From: Dave Rose (cactuscowboy@bresnan.net)
Date: 09/23/03-07:19:22 AM Z

I'm sure we've all been on a busy highway as traffic slows to a crawl, with
drivers casting eager glances at a grisly accident scene. It's this same
horrific curiousity that Witkin skillfully exploits. His photos remind me
of the driver ed movie I saw in junior high school...... A grainy B&W film
of state troopers pulling a charred corpse out of a smoldering pickup truck
that had hit a train. They're disturbing images that are hard to forget.

Is Witkin's work art? In my opinion, no.

Best regards,
Dave Rose
Big Wonderful Wyoming