Van Dykes

From: Taylor, Jane (taylor74@marshall.edu)
Date: 09/24/03-09:11:52 AM Z

I am working on a series of van-dyke brown prints. I have used the standard mix of ferric ammonium citrate, tartaric acid, and silver nitrate, in the usual recommended quantities, mixed 1:1:1 , fixing it for a minute in very dilute sodium thiosulphate.

I have tried various exposures, but at darkest, it is giving me a dull mid brown. I want to achieve that really rich blackish brown, any idea if there's a way to get this with the chemicals I am using...can I change the ratios of the mix to get a darker tone?

Jane.