RE: Van Dykes

From: Taylor, Jane (taylor74@marshall.edu)
Date: 09/24/03-10:18:14 AM Z

I am using inkjet transparencies, doubled, as negatives. I am getting quite a good tonal range, but the images are just too light overall, I want DARK prints. I am sure it is the mix that is the problem. I am not a photographer by the way, but using this more as a background image to print on (I am a printmaker, hence my lack of technical terminology!).

Also, my paper is not sized with gelatin or cornstarch, anyone know if this may help get a darker tone?

I was hoping I might fix the problem by increasing quantities of one of the chemicals.