RE: Van Dykes

mmatusz@pdq.net
Date: 09/24/03-10:39:10 AM Z

Sounds to me like your negatives might be a problem. Try exposing the
piece of sensitized paper for twice your current exposure, no negative. Do
the browns get any darker? If your browns get darker with longer exposure
it would point to not having enough density in your negatives. Once you
have determined that your negatives have a correct density range you can
start searching for other clues. Being a non photographer it would be
difficult to judge the correct density range needed for the Van Dyke
process.
Marek