Re: Vandyke brown

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 09/26/03-04:15:17 PM Z

Tom,

I know that you have worked with both regular kallitype as well as
VDB and I would like your thoughts on the following.

VDB is somewhat less complicated than kallitype based on ferric
oxalate and I have made a lot of effort to try to get as much out of
it as I can. However, as much as I have tried I have been unable to
get as much richness, or Dmax, with VDB as I can get from ferric
oxalate kallitype. The difference is not great, say a Dmax of about
1.5 with FO kallitype, as opposed to a Dmax of about 1.42 with VDB,
but the difference is very obvious to me visually.

Would appreciate your comments on this.

Sandy