Indigo wars

From: lva (lva@pamho.net)
Date: 09/27/03-10:35:59 AM Z

> The "Colors"
> book shows a photograph of the wretching natives in a pit of indigo (I
> think it was indigo -- better check!) The "real" is also very
> fadeworthy -- Tell us it isn't so, Brahma !

It's more lightfast than modern fluorescent acrylic paint. I've just
done a poster with that stuff, which fades while you're watching.

My real indigo, real madder lake, real ochre tri-color prints from a
year ago look pretty much unchanged. Mr Kremer told me the indigo would
last many years in a room without direct sunlight hitting the print. I
can confirm that.

As for the Indian natives in the pit, I don't think that kind of indigo
industry still exists. The small quantities of real indigo being
purchased these days can probably be prepared by a single family in a
kitchen pot.

Greetings

Brahma

BTW, Judy, keep writing! Your material reads like a good thriller. Not a
dull moment. Is it true that you *never* sleep?