Tying a loose end

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 09/28/03-01:48:22 PM Z

Judy wrote:

>Katharine has strangely re-written "history" above, which I cannot take
lightly. Far from attacking "proponents, " I myself was nearly lynched
on
this list for heresy in doubting said GPR test -- mostly by Katharine
herself, who found my disrespect for "authority" (Scopick)
"disgraceful,"
declaring "I hope I never see such a sight again," in about those words.
>Given the vehemence and emotion of her attack, I replied more mildly
>perhaps than I should have.

I said I wasn't going to say anything more about that, but this above
requires response.

Yes, I did say the things ascribed to me above, when I was offended by
the word "Ugh" being used when David Scopick's name was mentioned on the
list. For the record, I do not consider differences of opinion on
issues of substance to be personal attacks, never have and never will,
but I do and will object strenuously, vehemently if you will, to
insulting remarks made about my colleagues.

And also for the record, I am a well-trained scientist (Greg asked if
there was a well-trained scientist on the list) my field of expertise is
research methodology and data interpretation, and I know whereof I
speak.

kt