Digital camera advice...

From: Taylor, Jane ^lt;taylor74@marshall.edu>
Date: 04/03/04-05:50:13 PM Z

I know that digital cameras are a bit of a dirty word on this list, and I have so far resisted, but have decided to take the plunge and get one, partly to save developing costs. I need one for $300-350 with a high enough resolution to make decent 11x14 archival prints/negatives for use in alt. photo and print work. My work is not primarily in pure photography but I use photo processes in my mixed media prints.

I know I will need 4.0 MPix or higher for this. I have waded through many reviews and cannot seem to find one that suits, they all have too many gimmicks! Does anyone have a recommendation? I know for under 350 bucks I won't get the best, but that's all I can afford. I have no great interest in video, zoom, or the other fancy stuff that most come with. A macro feature would be useful though.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Jane.