Re: Digital camera advice...

From: Jon Lybrook ^lt;jon@terabear.com>
Date: 04/03/04-06:18:38 PM Z

Hi Jane,

Digital-schmigital. All cameras are for geeks and people who aren't
talented enough to draw or paint, like me. 8-) I have an Olympus Camdia
C-4000 Zoom I bought about a year ago for $550. It's probably within your
price range today. It's 5 megapixels and hasn't given me any trouble,
except the rechargable batteries get sucked up quickly when using a flash.
Olympus have proven to be pretty durable as well as well as high quality.
My wife actually used it to photograph some teapots, tweaked it in
photoshop, and made a large 22x30" lithograph of it:

http://www.jonandbonnie.com/2003/images/teapots.jpg *

* The actual print is probably more contrasty than shown here.

Jon