Re: Ass-tasticy; was Streaks in Scan!

From: Jon Lybrook ^lt;jon@terabear.com>
Date: 04/28/04-08:45:03 AM Z

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Jon Danforth wrote:
> So did the original poster of this thread try warming up the light source
> and then recalibrating

Yes, I think so. To do what you suggested entails:

1. Running a Transparency scan
2. Closing the Application
3. Cycling Power on the Scanner
4. Opening the Application
5. Running a Transparency scan.

Is that correct? If so, then yes, I've done that.

2 things I haven't tried yet is *thoroughly* cleaning the scanner glass
(though it looks fine) and turning the scanner on its side and running
some scans in the hope of dislodging dust that theoretically could be
riding on the CCD. I will try that tonight and if the problem continues
maybe post an example of the evil output.

Thanks,
Jon