Re: Best way to buy Platino-Palladiotype chemicals

From: Sandy King ^lt;sanking@clemson.edu>
Date: 08/02/04-12:40:44 PM Z

Mike Ware is a very authoritative source.

However, you might also want to look at a few other sources. I
suggest you start with the excellent reference site provided by Jeff
Mathias, at http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/

You might also want to obtain a copy of Th New Platinum Print by
Richard Sullivan and Carl Weese and Dick Arentz' Platinum and
Palladium Printing.

In addition to Bostick and Sullivan and Photograhers Formulary there
is also Artcraft Chemicals. You can check prices for all three
sources at on-line web sites.

Many Pt./Pd. printers are using a fairly new system of contrast
control that may not be described on Mike Ware's site. This system is
based on the addition of small amounts of Na2 (Sodium
chloroplatinate) to a basic sensitizer of ferric oxalate and
palladium chloride. You can find some working instructions for using
the Na2 method at Dick Arentz' web site. Eric Neilsen, who is often
on the list, uses another method of contrast control and may comment
on that in due course.

Hope this helps.

Sandy King