Best way to buy Platino-Palladiotype chemicals

From: Jeff Dilcher ^lt;dilcher@hiddenworld.net>
Date: 08/02/04-12:07:17 PM Z

Hello,

I have decided to jump into working in the Platino-Palladiotype process,
after doing some research and reading from various sources.

I have been studying an online guide authored by Dr. Mike Ware, which
seems to be very well written.

http://www.alternativephotography.com/process_platino.html

He mentions needing the following materials:

Ammonium Iron(III) Oxalate 30g
Ammonium Tetrachloroplatinate(II) 5g
Ammonium Chloride 1.8g
Palladium(II) Chloride 3g

for making up the sensitizing solution.

Here are my questions:

Is there a concensus for a source for these materials at a competitive price?
Do I save much by mixing myself as opposed to trying one of the "kits" offered
by Bostick & Sullivan or Photo formulary?

Does anyone, who is familar with the article I referred to, have any caveats
they can think of, considering I might be using this article as a guide?

I am reasonably methodical, and hope to minimize as many beginner mistakes
as possible.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

-Jeff