Re: Best way to buy Platino-Palladiotype chemicals

From: Joe Smigiel ^lt;jsmigiel@kvcc.edu>
Date: 08/02/04-03:05:30 PM Z

Jeff,

Whether you decide to go with a kit or mix the stuff yourself, I'd
recommend purchasing from Bostick & Sullivan at least until you get the
hang of the process. I've found them to be competitive on most
chemicals and supplies, higher on some, lower on others. But, they are
a mom-and-pop-shop and they will take all the time you need to get you
on track if you experience any problems. Dick and Kevin Sullivan as
well as Melody Bostick are very friendly and helpful and really support
the alternative process community. So, even if the prices might turn
out to be a little more, I'd support them at least with an original
purchase.

Having said that, I've also dealt with Photographer's Formulary and
Artcraft and have had good dealings with both. I've just found the
service from B&S to be really outstanding and their promotion of
alternative processes through hosting venues like APIS, etc.,
commendable so I think they deserve a plug.

Joe

>>> dilcher@hiddenworld.net 08/02/04 2:51 PM >>>
Sandy,

Thanks, as always for the comments! I'll get busy checking out
some of the sources you mentioned. I'm also glad to know about
that method of adding the Na2- might be worth learning about up
front! I hadn't heard of the Artcraft company- I'll check it
out. I was thinking that maybe a supplier who doesn't sell
exclusively for a specialty market might have cheaper prices,
at least for the more expensive materials. Maybe not, though!