Re: digital question #2

From: Tom Ferguson ^lt;tomf2468@pipeline.com>
Date: 08/03/04-08:19:52 AM Z

Well, I'll half support Judy on this. My two favorite Mac systems were
8.6 and X.2 or latter. Never liked 9, it did crash too often for me. I
still run 8.6 on an older laptop. Works great :-)

When I switched to X the only hardware that wouldn't run in X and my
new system (for me) was my scanner. It is SCSI and the manufacturer
didn't update the drivers for X. Yes, I know of SCSI PCI cards and
Vuescan aftermarket software. I don't use the scanner much. It is now
hooked up to the old laptop!

On Tuesday, August 3, 2004, at 05:31 AM, Pam Niedermayer wrote:

> You've got to be kidding! No, and I mean NO, version of Mac OS has
> ever been as reliable as OSX, on which I'm booted for months, not
> hours, without a crash, or even hint of a crash. That alone is worth
> the price of admission (a new Mac). Now 9.2.2 is also very good, and
> I'm with you on the upgrades issue (still run all the major graphics
> and publishing apps in 9); but....
>
> Pam
>
> Judy Seigel wrote:

>> IMO, the last good system was 8.6 -- it did everything wonderfully,
>> NEVER crashed, was kind and considerate and sensible. ...

Tom Ferguson
http://www.ferguson-photo-design.com