Gum dichromate issue

From: gdimase@hotmail.com
Date: 08/07/04-09:15:53 AM Z

Dear list,
Has anybody used dye transfer technique in a darkroom?
Can I say that this process is a cousin of gum dichromate print?
I am reading darkroom handbook by Langford and on page 256 states:
"to remove dye after you transfer to paper swab the print with 0.5% solution
of permanganate (to remove cyan), concentrated wetting agent (to remove
magenta) or 0.5% solution of houseold bleach (to remove yellow)"
does it make sense? Has anybody tried?
What is a concentrated wetting agent?
Thanks for any reply,
Giovanni