Re: What is the best printer for both dig negs and standard photo printing

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 08/19/04-06:53:07 PM Z

Hi Thom,

I don't think you can beat the Epson 2200 right now.

As you say, you get the larger size capability, excellent inkjet negatives
and excellent standard inkjet prints. For Black & White inkjet prints, I suggest
just printing black ink only. The Ultrachrome inks are the best I have tested
so far for use when making digital negatives. Good density range and the
"density signature" of the ink is much more uniform than other ink sets.

The allignment procedure built into the 2200 driver also gets rid of a lot of
problems including banding issues. The negatives are very smooth.

Mark Nelson
www.precisiondigitalnegatives.com