What is the best printer for both dig negs and standard photo printing

From: Thom Mitchell ^lt;tjmitch@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 08/19/04-03:30:13 PM Z

I realize this may not be the best place to ask this since it has been
covered in the past but things change especailly in printing technology. I
am looking for a good printer for both digital negatives and for normal
photo printing duties, both color and B&W. I am leaning towards the Epson
2200 because of the media size it can handle, but if there is a better
printer at an equal or cheaper price, I would be open to it. I will be
creating my first dig negs from DSLR and from film scans. But my wife, who
is the money manager of the house for good reason, will be printing
snapshots, portraits, scenics, etc., both in color and b&w. I'm hoping to be
able to make negs for silver and also to print color work as well.
I know the 2200 is a great printer but with the new printers available is
work stepping up in price? The larger print area would be nice to have but
isn't essential. Any advice can be sent to me off list so as not to burden
the list. Thanks for your patience. Thom