RE: And Speaking of Stinky Paper

From: Schuyler Grace ^lt;schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: 12/13/04-11:57:19 PM Z

Oh, I agree Rudy had a huge part to play in casting stones in his big old
glass house, but Sen. Helms was also pushing a bill to cut off Federal
funding for any art project that didn't meet "community standards" for
decency and acceptability.

...sometimes I wish I had the wisdom to look out for everyone else and
decide how they should think and what they should see/hear/read. (not
really)

But one of these days, maybe everyone will realize they can speak out
against that which offends, without having to save everyone else from the
offending thing. That they can best keep their kids from coming to harm by
participating in the world along with them, not demanding everything they
think might harm children be removed. That a whole, vital, beautiful human
body is a wonderful thing, and one being torn violently apart is a
vulgarity.

Well, (sniffle) a boy can dream, can't he? (sniffle)