Re: oil-print-glyoxal??

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 12/24/04-09:19:12 AM Z

Ryuji Suzuki wrote:

> From: Katharine Thayer <kthayer@pacifier.com>
> Subject: Re: oil-print-glyoxal??
> Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 09:35:50 +0000
>
> > Something to consider while you're pondering this question: paper
> > manufacturers who gel-size their paper do not use a hardener with the
> > gelatin (although they do add a fungicide).
>
> How do you know this? And how do you know that other ingredients do
> not lend to decrease the swelling of gelatin?

I know this because I asked paper manufacturers and this is what they
told me. My question was, do you add anything to your gelatin size to
harden the gelatin? and the answer was no, we don't. I was told that
they do add a fungicide whose purpose is to retard mold growth in the
unhardened gelatin. .
Katharine Thayer