Re: inkjet negative density with Epson 2200 printer

From: Ender100@aol.com
Date: 12/27/04-12:31:39 PM Z

For media settings, Premium Glossy Photo Paper lays down the most ink—luster
and semigloss are next highest. As far as profiles—don't use them because
your curve will have to undo them. Set output (printer) profile to Same as
Source in the Print With Preview Window. Unfortunately, Epson in its wisdom
decided not to inlcude the media setting for Premium Glossy Photo Paper in the 4000
driver and one has to wonder why. The printer does have a different
dithering pattern than the other Ultrachrome printers. By using the Luster media
setting and increasing the amount of ink in the Ink Configuration window you can
compensate for this.

Increasing the ink density may vary with printer drivers and it is a feature
with the newer drivers, such as the 2200, 4000, etc.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson
Purchase the eBook & System for Your Own Custom Workflow@
Precision Digital Negatives
PDN's Own 31-Step Tablet Now Available—produced by Stouffer Industries
Credit Card & Paypal now accepted
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com
Workshop info on Home Page