Re: Tartaric Acid as contrast agent in VDB?

From: Loris Medici ^lt;loris_medici@yahoo.com>
Date: 01/03/04-11:01:30 AM Z

I see,

I thought adding some "organic" stuff (tartaric acid is organic isn't it?)
would increase sensivity of silver-nitrate (or silver-whatever that forms
when you mix A and B and C solutions)... Can't recall where but I remember
reading this somewhere - considering your and Sam's test results I guess I
misinterpreted what I read. What about my 2nd question?

"One more interesting fact is that if I vary the exposure considerably
results don't change by the same proportions. For instance once I tried 8, 2
and 16 min. exposure with the same lith negative and only midtones and
highlights were affected - highlights more, deep shadows almost none... As
if the emulsion was self masking!? What can be your comments for this
phenomenon?"

Thanks,
Loris.