Re: Sodium chloropalladite and Ziatype

From: mmatusz@pdq.net
Date: 01/16/04-09:46:47 AM Z

Darryl,
I have done Ziatypes with Na2PdCl4 solution (that is the only palladiun
salt I am using) with the addition of LiCl. I have a bottle of 50% lithium
chloride. One to two drops of this solution for a 4x5 prints should do. My
ziatypes typically contain some gold to get the beautiful cool blacks. THe
key in Ziatype is high humidity, It would be perfect for a day like today
in Houston, 75% humidity. I have to confess that I never moved beyond 4x5
with Ziatypes, My successs ration was not that good. I have some great
prints and lot and lots of bad prints. I am printing palladium with gum
over to change the tone of the print.
YOU can see some of my Ziatypes here
http://www.alternativephotography.com/marek_matusz.html
Good luck and let us know.