Re: Sodium chloropalladite and Ziatype

From: Tony McLean ^lt;tony.mclean@spamcop.net>
Date: 01/16/04-10:20:37 AM Z

Darryl

What I suspect you purchased from B&S is sodium tetrachloropalladadite
which is the double salt of palladium formed by the addition of common
salt (sodium chloride) to palladium chloride.

Adding additional lithium chloride to this double salt will not make
the lithium salt of palladium and will be a total waste of time (and
good palladium)

My recommendation is to try the print-out technique using your existing
sodium tetrachloropalladite and ferric ammonium oxalate. I suspect
that you will achieve a result of sorts but not exactly the same as
using the lithium salt. If you are unhappy with the result then either
purchase some more palladium chloride and add the lithium chloride to
it or forget the whole thing and use the traditional recipe for
platinum palladium printing. I find it far superior and much more
consistent and I suspect that most other Pt/Pd printers would agree?

Cheers ... Tony McLean

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tony.mclean