Re: Indigo

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 01/22/04-03:16:21 PM Z

Though someone here clued me a while back that you can still get genuine
indigo pigment in dry form, there are no paints made with it, and
haven't been any for more than 100 years, which is why the synthetic
pigment that replaced it, PB66, has the name Indigo. The only
manufacturers that use the PB66 are Grumbacher and Schminke. This is a
longwinded way of saying that except for the Grumbacher and Schminke
"indigo" all the paints called "indigo" are mixtures, as Keith pointed
out.
kt