RE: a virus has taken my name, sorry

From: Robkin, Eugene ^lt;erobkin@uwc.edu>
Date: 01/30/04-02:23:07 PM Z

Judy

It is most likely not your fault in any way nor anything you probably
could have prevented. You actually may not be virused at all.

The current virus, like many others, harvests email addresses from
everywhere so your address could have been taken from anyone you ever
sent an email to or from this list itself.

So all the YOU'VE SENT ME A VIRUS, HANG YOURSELF IMMEDIATELY messages
are just emotional reflex action, or some automated mail filtering
program exercising its programmer's sophomoric wit. Not significant
otherwise.

I got tons of those but my service provider has very high level filters
in place and I did not get the virus on my own computer. My address
just got picked up somewhere else.

ER