a virus has taken my name, sorry

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 01/30/04-01:35:03 PM Z

For the last several days I've been getting dozens of indignant REFUSAL
notices from places and persons I never heard of from the 4 corners of the
globe (if a globe can have corners) saying a virus was sent by me and I
should get a virus detector, exterminator, emulsifier, etc.

For the record, I never do e-mail on my hard drive, but only in the unix
shell of the service provider, which, being among the big boys, I assume
has got virus protection up the wazoo. And although my evil G-4 acts as if
it were a virus itself, I'm the only one who uses it, only take downloads
I've been told to expect from a person I know & so forth & so on.

Which is to say, I'm sorry, but mea non culpa... tho I do assume others
have been similarly abducted?

J.